Welcome!

You have found ECA Photography! I hope you like what you see. If anyone would like for me to take portraits for them please contact me at clear_reflection7@yahoo.com!

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

City Streets


I have always found the city to be intriguing. I grew up in the country surrounded by trees, bugs, creeks, and wildflowers. This is where my heart resides, but the glowing neon lights, the towering buildings, and the night life capture my attention in a way I'm unfamiliar with. In the country, when the sun sets people tend to get sleepy from all the farming and fishing they partake in. The only night life in the country is critters scavenging for food. Deer, raccoons, coyotes, and owls are the ones about and at it after the sun goes to bed. 


On the city streets one can find anything from Catholic schools to S&M shops. It's almost overwhelming to come from one extreme to the other. The diversity in culture is staggering. The population of Coshocton county consists of hillbillies, farmers, individuals who think they're 'ghetto', and individuals who think they have class. There's not a single person from Africa, Somalia, India, the UK, etc. Columbus has people from all over the world and I find it to be rather refreshing. 


It's too easy to be singled out and labeled in a small town. It's not that being singled out doesn't happen in cities, but in a place full of drones the organic one is pointed at and shunned. The city welcomes all. It is unbiased due to the diversity of culture. No matter how different or unique one is he/she is bound to find another with similar core characteristics. It's the nature of the city.
 

I know many people think the city is too big, wild, and crazy, but I say life is too short to be small, tame, and normal. Experience is what we're here on this planet for. Find and keep your love for the spring peepers, weeping willows, and finches, but don't neglect to find your inner child and explore the big city streets! 

No comments:

Post a Comment